Hi From Steve in Surrey - UK

Wimphot

Been a commercial photographer for the past 35 years. One thing that worries me about learning to fly a multirotor is that the older you get the steeper the learning curve but having spent a bit of time flying a Phantom I feel I can master it.
I'd like to progress to something with a heavier payload the Phantom/GoPro, there seems to be a plethora of kit out there no doubt some good and some bad.
I like making things so am thinking whether go for a kit - or buy the parts separately. The upside is you learn how it all goes together and have a better idea how to fix it if it goes wrong. The downside is you can end up with an unfinished project in a box or worse still a nasty £prang because you got something wrong!
Be great to hear some recommendations from those who have built their own. Has anyone written a good book -maybe online- on the subject.
Down the line, I am keen to learn about waypoint flying.Does it REALLY work in x,y and z co-ordinates? How accurate is it? What are the limitations?
Looking forward to some interesting conversations on this forum.