Naza M v2 GPS weirdness. Minor crash debrief

Hi folks, I just wanted to share this event. On my latest flight I recalibrated my compass just before take off. It took off beautifully on ATTI. It was a bit windy but not too bad. Upon changing into GPS mode the 420 hex held its ground, correcting for the wind conditions fine. Changed back to ATTI and did some maneuvers. Two minutes into the flight I changed back to GPS. It held for a couple of seconds, and suddenly began to fly straight up. Lowered the throttle, it did not respond. Changed back to ATTI and the motors turned off! It was about 50 ft in the air. Tried quick restart but it was too late. The crash broke the right set of landing legs, not too bad. Tried a test restart just to check it was still online. It was, but I could see it was low on voltage.

Reviewing possible causes:
Now, if I remember well I had two satellites (2 green/two red) could this be fringe conditions for GPS mode?
I could have brought down my throttle beyond the cuttoff position as a reaction to the sudden burst upwards.
Power, wind was making the hex work harder causing to drain more juice from the batteries, creating low-power weirdness?

Has anyone experienced this?

Could very well be the case, but I had changed from Atti to GPS when it happened. It did shoot straight up, though. Good point.
I've been wary of using GPS during my latest flights, thats unless I get a good satellite signal. I appreciate your comment, thanks.