New Charger needed

baja-king

Here for the ride :)
As the title suggests, I'm after a new charging setup.

I currently have 2 Hyperion 720i Super Duo 3's - one of which has been sent back to Hyperion in Denmark for repair...

I run 6s 8300mAh batteries, 8 in total at the moment... the two chargers that have caught my eye are the Powerlab 6/8 and the iCharger 4010 Duo

Any feedback on these models? any other suggestions...

Thanks in Advance

Steve

I've had the 4010duo for about a month... love it!

This one.. http://www.progressiverc.com/the-caged-threat-2000w-combo.html

Last edited by a moderator:

I'll cast a second vote for the iCharger 4010 Duo. I absolutely love mine. I also have the Progressive 'Caged Threat' bundle. I probably would not buy that bundle again, however.

I've no idea who told them that it is acceptable to build things solely out of velcro sheeting....it's not. Clearly, whomever it was would find more suitable employment in the plumbing industry. They would have done better had they built the thing with Elmer's Glue and Duct Tape. At least it would have held together better during shipping. Yes...it was truly that bad.

Not to mention the whole package was dirty as hell when it arrived. I had to spend 45 minutes cleaning everything up before I could even think about plugging it in.

iCharger 4010 Duo : A+

the MeanWell power supply: A+

ProgressiveRC and their lame notion of engineering: well...they just don't make grades that low.

....sT

Last edited by a moderator:

baja-king

Here for the ride :)
I'll cast a second vote for the iCharger 4010 Duo. I absolutely love mine. I also have the Progressive 'Caged Threat' bundle. I probably would not buy that bundle again, however.

I've no idea whom it was who told them that it is acceptable to build things with velcro sheeting....it's not. Clearly, whomever it was would find more suitable employment in the plumbing industry. They would have done better had they built the thing with Elmer's Glue and Duct Tape. At least it would have held together better during shipping. Yes...it was truly that bad.

Not to mention the whole package was dirty as hell when it arrived. I had to spend 45 minutes cleaning everything up before I could even think about plugging it in.

iCharger 4010 Duo : A+

ProgressiveRC and their lame notion of engineering: well...they just don't make grades that low.

....sT

You just made me spit my coffee out! :)

that sucks that it arrived it that condition. I received a nice clean setup... though not impressed with customer service on the phone before the purchase. The other fella at bpbuddy? I couldn't understand at all so I went with progrc instead.

Well...even had they built the thing properly using acceptable materials and fasteners, it still is a poor and ill-conceived design. I truly had expected better.

Good...even possibly 'great'...concept.

Terrible execution, top to bottom.

....sT

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
I had 2x TP820 CDs too. No doubt that these are good but I now have 2x 4010 duos which kick the TP820s into touch. Couple 1x 4010 to 1x Hp Esp120 psu and you have the best MR setup currently on the market. Full stop/period.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Wondering if anyone knows how to drop the output voltage from 51.4v to under 50 on the HP ESP 120 power supply to use with the 4010 icharger? Or will the higher voltage not harm the charger?

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
The higher voltage wont harm the charger. I run 2x 4010 Duos on these PSUs - works superbly

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2