Aeronavics / Droidworx SkyJib-8 Heavy v2 with RED camera and AV200 gimbal

jimska

anybody have any experience using the RED camera on a SkyJib-8 Heavy with an AV200 gimbal? Got somebody wants to use me and my kit but with his RED and was wondering if it would fit on the gimbal and how? Would I be able to tilt right down?

SMP

You need the top mount bracket. Got mine from Patrick at www.aerialmediapros.com Would spend a fair amount of time lifting bottles of water to calculate flight times and movements before attempting somebody elses Red...

Lanzar

anybody have any experience using the RED camera on a SkyJib-8 Heavy with an AV200 gimbal? Got somebody wants to use me and my kit but with his RED and was wondering if it would fit on the gimbal and how? Would I be able to tilt right down?
It would be good if you had red bracket for top screews. Also please test a lot before you start to fly it. And center it othervise you will burn servo in 10 sec.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
It never ceases to amaze me how RED owners seem to have not only plenty of cash but also some sort of kamikaze death wish for their expensive box.

SMP

A bit off topic but just met yesterday w one of the Production houses here to show them the birds and talk about an upcoming gig. Turns out with a bit of digging its for 8 oil rigs. Now the last place on the planet for a multicopter is an oil rig?! First they wanted to hoist their C300. No, Oil rigs are a bad idea. How bout a Scarlet. No, Oil Rigs are a bad idea. Ok how about a 5D3? Noooooooooo O I L R I G S are a bad idea!

Solution?? We'll have our inbound Heli Taxi circle the rig twice and BRoll from the door with a handheld AV200. It kills me when every lift has to be from a Multi and has to be a Red. Back on topic. Would have been VERY easy to roll these guys into a series of hvy lifts. Safety aside, make sure your client actually needs a hvy before putting their rig and YOURS at risk.

jimska

A bit off topic but just met yesterday w one of the Production houses here to show them the birds and talk about an upcoming gig. Turns out with a bit of digging its for 8 oil rigs. Now the last place on the planet for a multicopter is an oil rig?! First they wanted to hoist their C300. No, Oil rigs are a bad idea. How bout a Scarlet. No, Oil Rigs are a bad idea. Ok how about a 5D3? Noooooooooo O I L R I G S are a bad idea!

Solution?? We'll have our inbound Heli Taxi circle the rig twice and BRoll from the door with a handheld AV200. It kills me when every lift has to be from a Multi and has to be a Red. Back on topic. Would have been VERY easy to roll these guys into a series of hvy lifts. Safety aside, make sure your client actually needs a hvy before putting their rig and YOURS at risk.

I suggested a 5D3 as I have one but they said they needed to use a RED because the image is going to be blown up so they need the resolution. On the basis this was more of a demo for me I turned it down. Don't want to risk my kit or theirs for nothing and besides, my insurance wouldn't cover that camera.