KK2 issues? Maybe rx?

ponchota

Hey guys, I haven't had time to fly my DJI 550 clone much even with 1.5 firmware. But I haven't had this happen to me until now.
Flying in my culdesac and I had it about 30ft up hovering and all of a sudden the front dropped like it was going to dive bomb but I regained control after it dropped a couple of feet. So I hesitantly kept flying this time going out from me approx. same dist. and kinda quickly lost it again. Then for a 3rd time it did it from about 10ft. in forward flight and it came down hard on landing gear. Nothing broke, luckily the gear is cheap. I haven't had this happen until now but there are 2 new variables that I didn't have.
1- Is the 1.6 update
2- I had my old Droid Charge mounted to the skids for video. No cell service to it.
(I'm wondering if the phone could have messed with signal) ????
Here's what I have on my 550.

DX8 Tx., 6 Hobbyking 30amp ESC w/simonk firmware, DJI motors, KK2, Spektrum AR6210 w/sat. (Yes the lipo was fully charged and it has about 5 normal flight cycles on it.)

Anyone have any ideas? Seemed like a brownout almost, the way I had no control and then it was back just as quickly as I lost it.

Thanks