New to the multirotor field in NC

Nocteel

Well Here I am. Just put together my first multirotor and realized I'm in deeper than I thought. I have Fooled around with RC before (I built a RC sailboat as my last project) but never anything this complex. I fly a DJI F450 with NAZA+GPS and while it flies amazing when everything works I've unfortunately been grounded from equipment failures more than I've been in the air. (I'll leave that to another post)

Anyway, intro. I live on the south coast of North Carolina. (Our beaches run east west. Really disorients the tourists) I joke about it being the part of NC that sticks out to catch all the hurricanes that run up the coast but it's true enough some years. I am a computer tech and sailing instructor which so far have worked out well since the computer job supports the sailing habit and the sailing job supports the computer habit. So as long as I don't pick up too many more habits that don't pay for themselves I'll be ok.

Again I'm new to this field of flight but I'm learning fast. I'm looking forward to gleaning some knowledge off the veterans here and hopefully one day I can pass it down to the next fresh pilot in line.