battery & RX advice please

ianj

Hi I am new to quads and recently got hold of a Reptile 500 (Basically a TBS Discovery copy) with Naza M & GPS.
the quad came with no battery and I have not been able to get an answer from the previous owners to what type of battery he used.
there are 2 connectors on the quad...one which goes to the ESC and a smaller one which goes to naza VU
Would anyone be able to assist me in selecting the correct type/s of battery please? (and do I need a separate battery for the RX)

Now, the next question I have is..I plan to swap the Spektrum (AR6115e) RX for an Orange FASST RX so that I can use it with my Futaba transmitter.
are the connections to the channels the same or is there somewhere I can get diagrams for both?

the specs are as follows:-

• Hobbywing Skywalker Quattro 20amp esc
  • Keda 1050kv motors
  • 9x4.5 props
  • Orange 8 channel RX
  • Naza M flight controller with GPS

thanks in advance
Ian.

Hi Ian, a better receiver would be :-
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...h_2_4Ghz_S_BUS_Receiver_FASST_Compatible.html

This has S-Bus to connect to the NAZA, only one connection required for all channels / control, this receiver is as good as the Futaba but much cheaper.

Not enough exact detail on your motors but it looks like 3S is the maximum (roughly 12v). Maybe have a look at 4000 to 4500 Mah capacity.
The zippy compact battries are slim and would fit easily.
The Naza will power your receiver and the naza gets powered from the VU, you do not need separate battery for rx.
Regards - bruce

ianj

thank you for the responses Earl & Bruce, much appreciated. I will have a good read-up on those links before buying. cheers, Ian.