Quick vid after adding S800 Anti Vibration kit

hazardpro

Hi guys

This is a video we did the other day after adding the the anti vibration kit to our S800. It now flies a lot better (back to how it was when it was light).

Video is far from perfect I know but it was my first time behind the camera as i normally fly.
smile.gif
Also need to make some adjustments to my Aurora 9 to make the sticks a bit 'softer'.

Anyway hope you like.

[video=youtube_share;3koNJqoYeu0]http://youtu.be/3koNJqoYeu0&vq=large[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

mitsaras

Looks pretty good to me!!:encouragement:

btw, do you get any flicker with your NEX? We use the 16mm on the 5R and we get a very annoying flicker on some shots that I can't quite pin down...

Ni job HazardPro! My vibration kit arrives next week. Can't wait to install it and see how it helps my S800.

Mitsaras, I get a flicker also. I'm using the 16mm on the 5R with the DJI VTx and I get flicker once in a while. I just figured it was my Tx/Rx connection, not the camera.

mitsaras

Unfortunately we get flicker on the recorded video... it usually happens when the aperture is stopped down beyond f11 - it might be vibration affecting the aperture blades? I need to get a varioND filter to keep the aperture @ f8, where the lens is sharpest...

blushoes

hi mitsaras

i get flicker too. i do think its the vibrations as i noticed that the flicker only starts when in the air. as long as craft is on the ground and even though motors are running, i dont get flicker. only upon lift off do i get it.

am ordering an anti vibration kit too, to see if it removes it.

Unfortunately we get flicker on the recorded video... it usually happens when the aperture is stopped down beyond f11 - it might be vibration affecting the aperture blades? I need to get a varioND filter to keep the aperture @ f8, where the lens is sharpest...

You can try and place a small piece of tape on the top of the lense to act as a sun shade and see if the flicker goes away.

blushoes

got my s800 anti vibration kit

it has reduced flicker significantly, but still the odd glitch here and there.

then i tried using dji's suggestion of having manual exposure and shutter speed (it was sunny day, my f number was all the way up... shutter set to 1/40 )
that got rid of the flickers

hi mitsaras

i get flicker too. i do think its the vibrations as i noticed that the flicker only starts when in the air. as long as craft is on the ground and even though motors are running, i dont get flicker. only upon lift off do i get it.

am ordering an anti vibration kit too, to see if it removes it.