Dumb Question... trimming my copter for manual mode

Bluerex

Hi crew,
One thing I haven't been able to work out with the Wook is how to trim manual mode (on the Tx) without messing with the really nice GPS locked mode.
Other FCs I have flown (like the Hoverfly for instance) have allowed me to setup the trims on my TX and the FC would learn the trimmed settings so I can then reset to zero and the copter will still be neutral - I cannot find anything like this ability on the Wookong - What have I missed????

C

I am still learning this stuff myself, but I have never even seen anybody mentioned trimming in manual mode. I had always understood that drifting would be an issue of CG, and that was my case: when my MR was manual and attitude mode I was getting a little drifting, and it was due to weight and balance issues, and an imbalanced prop (later found 1/2 inch chipped at the end).
Hopefully somebody else will chime in so that I can learn more about this subject as well.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
That is an excellent question..
Seems to me, based on some previous posts on this forum, that Manual mode only sees the gyro inputs.....
So with respect to trimming in manual mode, there is not much opportunity to trim anything. But we need more insightful responses from others.

Bluerex

Thanks guys, glad I'm not alone :frog:
One thing I picked up from the Naza threads, I wonder if the Wook reads "neutral" as the current stick/trim position whenever you engage Atti or GPS mode?

C

My understanding for Wook and Naza is that it registers as neutral the position/input when you finish the stick calibration routine in the Assistant Software. I thought I had read that somewhere on this forum or rcgroups when I was trying to register throttle center to properly hold altitude.

Bluerex

I can absolutely understand that to work in GPS mode (when it self levels and controls it's own drift) but I can't get my head around the manual mode... Other FC I have played with you trim with the transmitter then it learns that as "neutral" - power cycle (and re-zero the TX) and the copter is balanced.