Model plane crashes at power plant, FBI responds

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Although i believe none of have a malicious intent when flying, this is kinda stupid of the guy to think he can buzz over a power plant and not get in trouble. This is what TBS does to people! Makes everyone think they can fly over anything without repercussions.

Dewster

Wow. Yeah...infrastructure is probably a big no-no after 9/11. Its bad that you're already suspect flying anything with a camera on it.

Team Blacksheep's videos are cool. If you've had a multi-rotor go down, then you'll have a deep respect for falling objects and the damage they can cause.

ewr

Funny I was just at Eastec with my dad who's from CT and I was telling him about my MR FPV flying and he was like whoooooaaaa you can't do that someone just got in trouble for flying near the power plant in bridgeport! Then I see this thread.

I think it's sad when it's come to this where the security guard calls the FBI because of concerns that the guy was making a scouting video for some type of bad shenanigans. They keep saying we won the fight on the T word but every time I see the lines at the TSA checkpoints, and read stories like this one where a guy gets the feds called for a crashed FPV as a potential T word....shows who's really "winning". End of the article pissed me off too "the plane was no recovered" so obviously after the guy willingly showed them all his footage etc. they still said "were keeping your plane GTFO". Real nice.

Beachbum55

CoolAir
Iris-So was this guy flying a TBS Discovery?
Quite a stretch by you.
Just check YouTube for a variety of multirotors being flown "inappropriately according to your standards".
Probably a few of the brand you fly! OH NO that couldn't be!

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I don't know what he's flying. My point is that tbs is the biggest promoter of flying fpv in all kinds of risky places. And this is the result, people want to do the seething and assume its ok since they can fly over the Golden Gate Bridge or up the Statue of Liberty.

SMP

Completely agree. TBS has a huge audience and has made boatloads of money promoting exactly what we're working against. I'm a TBS owner but simply cannot condone their approach.

jforkner

Iris-So was this guy flying a TBS Discovery?
Quite a stretch by you.
Just check YouTube for a variety of multirotors being flown "inappropriately according to your standards".
Probably a few of the brand you fly! OH NO that couldn't be!

Guy's like you don't seem to get it. The issue has nothing to do with the kind of platform you're flying. it's about where you do it and that you promote it. In this day & age when the activity of remote controlled flying and taking images is under scrutiny by the Feds and state agencies, it makes no sense to fly over sensitive areas then publish your questionable activity.

Jack