WKM AutoPilot tuning parameters

I have some wobble in my custom 800 HEX MR while in light breeze and in Attitude or GPS mode.
Which way do I adjust the pitch and roll parameters under the section "advanced parameters" as shown in the image below the basic parameter section?
This issue disappears when I am flying in manual mode.

DJI - does not provide details as to the range of values to be used and what they will do to the MR. Also I am yet able to adjust these variables remotely during actual flight so I need to be cautious. :dejection:

Adjustment of Basic and Attitude parameters will not fix this issue. The following is an image capture from the documentation and does not reflect values that I currently use.
View attachment 11526

Attachments

• Advanced.JPG
    Advanced.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 361

Michael64

I to have asked DJI directly about the advanced parameters and what the do and have NEVER recieved and email back with any info on these. This make me wonder do they even know what they really do.

Michael64

Closer research shows that the new bluetooth, IPhone application allows for remote adjustment of these advanced parameters.
However they are not configurable from an RC transmitter since X2 and X2 configuration is not allowed for these.

Here is some additional information I was able to track down for a DJI Wiki support site which is located here:

http://www.dji-innovations.com/what-does-parameter-gain-mean/

[h=3]2. Advanced Parameters[/h](Olny WooKoog-M series has advanced parameters)
Usually you can ignore this step. The default values are suitable for most of the conditions, so we do NOT recommend you to change the parameters here. To some special multi rotor, experienced user can adjust the advanced parameters to have a better fly experience.
1) I
The error compensationrate in aircraft static case.

2) V.Damping
Only work in the GPS mode.
The larger the number, the brake of the aircraft will be more powerful after releasing the joystick. At the same time the maximum velocity achieved at the full-scale will become smaller.
The smaller the number, the brake of the aircraft will be more soft and need longer time. At the same time the maximum velocity achieved at the full-scale will become larger.
Too large or too small may lead to the hover instability in the GPS mode.

3) Disturbed Gain
Only for special extreme GPS circumstances. please remain default parameter.

I to have asked DJI directly about the advanced parameters and what the do and have NEVER recieved and email back with any info on these. This make me wonder do they even know what they really do.

Michael64

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael64

Thanks for posting the info, but I to have read this, but was looking for a little more info on the advanced gains. Seems to me if they where not important and better if not changed than why put them in the software to adjust if DJI thinks default is all you need.

Michael64

IMHO - If you check Arduino and DIY drones etc. you will see they have, for some time, incorporated more flexible options such as advanced parameters.
Apparently simple Basic and Attitude gain PID loop control is too restrictive where MR configuration, frame size and weight are beyond the specific S800 design specs....
And the anticipated payload weight just keeps increasing.

Thanks for posting the info, but I to have read this, but was looking for a little more info on the advanced gains. Seems to me if they where not important and better if not changed than why put them in the software to adjust if DJI thinks default is all you need.

Michael64

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael64

My best guess is that they do not want to make it complicated for people but at the same time they handicap people that wants be able to get the best possible settings for flight with any payload or size of frame.

Michael64