Getting Started

Cracker

I am starting to build a heavy lift 800mm hexa, I am also looking for longer flight times, hopefully 20 minutes or more. Could somebody let me know if a couple 6S would do the trick, also what would be a good motor size to go with, in KV? I am looking for good battery info and motor info to learn.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I am starting to build a heavy lift 800mm hexa, I am also looking for longer flight times, hopefully 20 minutes or more. Could somebody let me know if a couple 6S would do the trick, also what would be a good motor size to go with, in KV? I am looking for good battery info and motor info to learn.

Cracker,

Welcome to the site. Your questions are very general and basically require someone to spec out your build's goals in order to make the equipment decisions you're requesting. A couple of 6S might do the trick, but they might not. To get started you'll need to decide what the payload requirements are, what the weight of the heli equipment might total, what motors your frame selection can handle, the props it can accommodate, etc., etc., etc

Fortunately for you, yo're in the right place. :)

What are you trying to do that requires 20 minutes of flying time and what will be attached to the heli other than the usual motors/ESC's/flying gear/etc.?

Regards,
Bart

Cracker

I am also torn between a few different chasis, I would like carbon fiber for its weight savings and its ability to absorb vibration and not have it carry through to the cameras. I am looking at the Tarot FY680, ST800 Carbon Fiber X-Copter 820mm, ATG X6 700mm Dual Arm Carbon Fiber Hexcopter. Transporting is important so I was looking for a chasis that will allow me to do that easily so I was thinking folding chasis. Any suggestions?? I would also like to carry a 3 axis camera gimbal big enough to carry a DSLR camera for video and have an FPV system with head tracking ability attached in a different location. I want to transmit the video feed back to a ground station and be able to switch between feeds on the ground if that is not possible then I would have to run two monitors, I was hoping ot avoid that. For motors I was thinking of something with 1000kv and Simon K preflashed speed controls. One of the chasis recommends a 15inch prop, the others maybe 13inch??? For a control system I was going to use the NAZA with GPS, but now I have heard that there might be a NAZA 2 system coming out so I was kind of waiting to see what happens with that. For a radio I wanted to run the Futaba T10 CAG. In the future I was thinking of upgrading to the WooKong-M waypoint system.

Cracker

So in a nutshell that is what I am trying to do. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am always trying to learn. I am pretty excited about this build and can't wait to get started.

Cracker

I am trying to carry about 2-3kg of payload. Would six 800KV motors possibly be enough? Does the KV rating also indicate power? Or is it just rpm per volt? Or is it related?