Naza M Y6, yawing to the right. Can I fix this please?

Onboard

Hi guys, am new here, have been in r/c for 30 years, but in the past 2 years have been bitten by the MR bug, and am pretty hopelessly addicted, lol.

I bought a Y6 frame from Goodluckbuy, the Y650 V2.
Purchased 6 x F-20 amp ESC's from Hobbyking and flashed them myself with simonk F/W.
Also 6x Keda 20-28m outrunners. I have 8x4 props on presently.
I have been very careful in the build, but after using dji assistant to set up my board,on a Futaba FF9 (F9c) with a FrSky 2.4 Ghz telemetry module, I thought it was time for a test hop.

This did in my small lounge in my flat, I will post a link to a short video I did.

I have inceased my gains since this video, and is less twitchy now, but just cannot be rid of a slight/slow right yaw.

Thought it might be the thin fiberglass motor mounts so have ordered some CNC aluminium ones to replace the 1.5mm fg ones supplied in the kit. Here's a link to the very short video, can't see the yaw so much, but it slowly yaws right.http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KfnExFcydK0

So, can anyone please propose changes, or mods to help me get her stable please? Am using Atti in test hops. GPS not plugged in, nor calibrated in this video and subsequent test hops.

Thankyou.

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:

ZAxis

Hi Matt. you seem to of missed the video link.
However Just check your motors are mounted perfectly horizonal. Put it on a level surface then use an accurate ruler to measure from ground to prop tip. They only need to be a little out and a Y6 config will do an uncontrolled yaw.
Lec

Onboard

Thanks mate, I have included the link now, was proving difficult to post from my tablet, but managed in the end. :)

Was wondering actually if the motor plates may be a little flimsy, they are only about 1.5mm thick fiberglass, so am hoping the aluminium replacements I've ordered may fix this issue.
I'll check the mounts with a spirit level,and your ruler suggestion, so thanks for the tip, will let you know if I find anything amiss, but I think maybe when under load they might be flexing anyway, causing this slow yaw, will see...

Thanks again

Matt