Herkules III AVRootloader issues...

baja-king

Here for the ride :)
Trying to connect with no joy - could it be an issue with the USB driver...?

also there are 2 files for PPM ADV12 and ADV18 does anybody know the difference...

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Trying to connect with no joy - could it be an issue with the USB driver...?

also there are 2 files for PPM ADV12 and ADV18 does anybody know the difference...

Hi Beja king. The difference between AD12 and ADV18 is the timing best is write andreas an email with the motors you are using. Like i know them they tested them all and ask him which timing is best !

What exactly happen when you connect the USB dongle to the PC can you find a an FTDI com port that got created in your system setting ?

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
ah sorry didnt see you have the 3513 kv400 tigers ! go with 18 for the begging to be on the safe side but right andreas an email in the meantime what his opinion is !

Boris

baja-king

Hi Boris, got the connection sorted - needed to select COM6 :)

I have T-Motor 3515/400 motors - I will send Andreas an email

Thanks Again

Steve

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
for the flashing its a specific procedure by the way. You need to hook up the USB connection choose the correct file and hit program ! Than you have to hook up a power supply to the herkules that will trigger the actual upload of the file. Switch off the power supply and check the log if all went well. Select the next ESC unit on the board hit program again and add power again until you flashed all 4 units !

Preferably do this with a power supply if you have one and not with a lipo !

baja-king

All done thanks!

I'm hooking it up to the Skyjib now - I'm planning on connecting the top motors to the top board and the bottom ones to the bottom board... correct?

Am I right in thinking that I can connect a motor to any ESC (A,B,C,D) as long as I connect the servo wire for each ESC to the right FC port...

View attachment 11383

Attachments

• X8 Mixer.jpg
    X8 Mixer.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 354

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
You have two options either you rewrite the mixer table in the WKM or you do the following.

Connect motors 1 6 3 8 to one herkules board and 5 2 7 4 to the other board. Reason if one board in the worst case goes down you want to at least have a quad like setup left running on the other board.

If you connect all the top motors to the top board and all the bottom motor bottom board and one board goes down than you will be left with a quad having all the props spinning in the same direction.

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
What is a little annoying is that you cant reverse motor direction in the FW or not at the moment. So if you want to solder on directly with out bullet connectors check the spin direction before !

IN general it doesnt matter which motor you connect to which ESC unit, like you said "as long as I connect the servo wire for each ESC to the right FC port..."

Boris

baja-king

Hi Boris

When I connect the Herk up to the WK-m I can only get ESC's A & B on each board to arm... Am I missing something?

Do I need to solder the tab on the connector?

Thanks in advance

Steve

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Steve show me a pic of your setup mainly concerning the micro match plug and the adapter board. I am not sure which tab you are talking about !

Boris

baja-king

Hi Boris - this is what I meant...

View attachment 11414

I have tried this but it makes no difference...

I am using 1 output from the WK-m (M1) I have the FC set in Manual mode when I connect the servo lead to the A connector the ESC arms - all good. Then I power down and replug the same lead into B and the ESC arms, when I do the same for C & D I get no response... it is the same for both boards. I have also connected for FC outputs M1,M2,M3,M4 same deal - only A & B Arm...

Attachments

• PPM-Connector-PCB_D.JPG
    PPM-Connector-PCB_D.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 223

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Boris - this is what I meant...

View attachment 14560

I have tried this but it makes no difference...

I am using 1 output from the WK-m (M1) I have the FC set in Manual mode when I connect the servo lead to the A connector the ESC arms - all good. Then I power down and replug the same lead into B and the ESC arms, when I do the same for C & D I get no response... it is the same for both boards. I have also connected for FC outputs M1,M2,M3,M4 same deal - only A & B Arm...

Ah you ment the bridge for the ground. I didnt solder it and it works and the previous herks i connected only with the servo signal cable !

Have you checked while flashing that your choose all the different ESC units from the drop down selection ? Are you sure they are all flashed for sure ?

Boris

baja-king

Hi Boris, found the problem - I had some how managed to get the micro match lead connector on the wrong way one end...

All good now!