First TBS Discovery crash

Search49

Search49
I had the exact same crash, and sounds........... Damage was almost the same, I broke the rear of the frame - Almost sounded like a motor froze or something, but my motors still work, have had over 50 flights and no problems. Wondering if it was a short on the frame or something.

I had the exact same crash, and sounds........... Damage was almost the same, I broke the rear of the frame - Almost sounded like a motor froze or something, but my motors still work, have had over 50 flights and no problems. Wondering if it was a short on the frame or something.

Very interesting.
Have you had the 50 flights before or after the crash?

I will change arms tomorrow and see if it flies or if an ESC or motor has broken.
They do not smell burned electronics anyway and looks fine.

Search49

Search49
Very interesting.
Have you had the 50 flights before or after the crash?

I will change arms tomorrow and see if it flies or if an ESC or motor has broken.
They do not smell burned electronics anyway and looks fine.

I had about 40 flights prior to and after the crash about 50 with no additional problems

I have now pinpointed the problem, seems to be a bad TBS motor.

Today i got the new arms and mounted everything back. Everything seemed to run fine, but after some testing i managed to get one of the motors to lock and do this really bad sound just like in the fall. If i cut power it start up again, but after a while it does it again, especially if it goes into real low rpm. Bearing or what? Anyone seen this before? ESC?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpmLZgyrjMI&feature=youtu.be

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors

Today i got the new arms and mounted everything back. Everything seemed to run fine, but after some testing i managed to get one of the motors to lock and do this really bad sound just like in the fall. If i cut power it start up again, but after a while it does it again, especially if it goes into real low rpm. Bearing or what? Anyone seen this before? ESC?

If you have the ESCs reflashed with SimonK firmware its definitetly an ESC problem, seen it before after reflashing some low $ ESCs. It could be an older version of the SimonK firmware which was known to have timing problems or the ESC hardware has some out of tolerance components that are causing timing problems.

I would swap that motor with another and see if the problem stays with the ESC or follows the motor, could possibly be a bearing problem but looks more like a reflashed ESC problem. If the problem follows the motor its either a bad/shorted connection or a bad bearing.

Ken

Breezemont

Bad motor connection.

If you have the ESCs reflashed with SimonK firmware its definitetly an ESC problem, seen it before after reflashing some low $ ESCs. It could be an older version of the SimonK firmware which was known to have timing problems or the ESC hardware has some out of tolerance components that are causing timing problems.

I would swap that motor with another and see if the problem stays with the ESC or follows the motor, could possibly be a bearing problem but looks more like a reflashed ESC problem. If the problem follows the motor its either a bad/shorted connection or a bad bearing.

Ken

Got mail from Trappy, he says its the esc.
He sent me a new one, plus a new motor for free.

Thats what i call grade A service!

Ken

It seems that this was exactly correct. I used TBS ESC's which is flashed with the simonk!