S800 Anti-Vibration kit : reely scientific evaluation

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
This was to have been a late entry for the "Why use a Multi-Rotor" competition - except that closed about six months ago - but, as it contains vital and useful information, I have decided to post it anyway.

As any S800 operator knows, the DJI S800 with the Wookong M Flight Control and Zenmuse Z15 camera mount provides an almost Out-Of-The-Box remote controlled aerial photography solution particularly suited to aerial video. It does however require a 'bit of tweaking' to get the best out of it and here we have a small demonstration of the benefits of using a simple to install after-market Anti-Vibration kit.

The video below shows both 'with' and 'without' the special anti-vibe system with skid retracts both up and down for comparison.

Also shown is a fine example of the extra bonus functionality that the special anti-vibe system brings, demonstrating yet further versatility of the Multi-Rotor platform.

Last edited by a moderator:

hjls3

nice use of MR platform. Being a single dad - i find it to be a very useful way to also de-clutter my sons room. A nice hover in the middle and all the junk on his floor, usually finds it way under something like the bed, out of sight - out of mind :)

Back to the anti-vib kit. I just ordered one not long ago and will have it shortly. Am I nuts or am I seeing quite a bit more detail in the vid with the anti vibration kit? I did not realize it would make that much difference in the video. I assumed the Zen soaks up most the vibes but looking at your video - the detail seems quite improved. Bonus for me - I just bought the thing because it makes me nervous when I can see the arms shaking as they do - especially under load and also am hoping it really cuts down the vibes getting to the IMU (which is the biggest reason I got it).

Thanks for posting - now I am really looking forward to trying them.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
oh I see kopterworx? Do you think this works much better then the secraft arm stiffeners

I have not tried the Secraft arm stiffeners, I have only seen the webshop pics. Discounting the love it/hate it Starship Invaders meets Terminator look for a moment, it seems an awfully heavy 'solution' for an already heavy airframe. If easy breakdown and transport is a high priority they would at least hold that advantage.

maxwelltub

Ya I just got them and they actually are not to heavy. they definitely improve performance in flight. How long does it take to remove the kopterworx solution?

ChrisViperM

Also shown is a fine example of the extra bonus functionality that the special anti-vibe system brings, demonstrating yet further versatility of the Multi-Rotor platform.

Just showed this to my wife.....she gave me money to by six or more of these.....very creative sense of humor. View attachment 10966

Attachments

• thumbs-up.jpg
    thumbs-up.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 128

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
poor poor MombasaFlash....look at those bloomers! no thongs or other fancy stuff in the Flash household I guess? or was that from your drawer? :applause:

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
poor poor MombasaFlash....look at those bloomers! no thongs or other fancy stuff in the Flash household I guess? or was that from your drawer? :applause:

No, no, no, no .... Hell, The Flash doesn't bother with that stuff. Let it hang !!

Had to borrow those smalls from my friend and his wife.