DJI Naza GPS High Idle Issues on newly built CarbonCore 950

I am all set to maiden my new build but having some issues with DJI's Naza Flight Controller. Here are some rough specs:

Carbon Core 950
Spektrum AR8000 Receiver
DJI Naza GPS
4 x 5800 6s 30c Zippy Batteries (2 on board)
6 x 480kv Turnigy Multistar Motors
6 x 45 AMP Turnigy Multistar ESC's
6 x 15x5.5 CF Balanced / Matched Props
PhotoshipOne 3X Pro v2
PhotoshipOne 3X Pro / Carbon Core 950 Mounting Plate

2x Spektrum DX7s Radios (Gimbal / Heli)
1 DX7s Telemetry Unit (Pilot)

The issue is that the copter idles super high regardless of all settings in Naza. Radio settings are clean, I have the throttle travel control to 150% and can see full range of motion in the Naza Assistant.

Naza Assistant Settings:
Motor Idle Speed - Lowest Possible Settings
DX7 Radio Throttle Travel 150% / 100%
Throttle Trim, 3-5 Clicks Negative
Naza Assistant TX Calibration - perfect, see full range of motion on throttle

Video:

Last edited by a moderator:

Electro 2

Plug an external pulse source into each ESC and see if the motors run up in a linear fashion with increasing PW. Then plug a pulse width reader into each ESC port on the EFC and see what's coming out. This would nail it down to ESC or EFC problem. I do this routinely before even connecting the two together during a build. I also profile each ESC over voltage and temperature and then do a burn-in under load for 12 hours, all before even putting them in the frame. Puts a stop to any "surprises" down the road.

Would you be able to expand on your comment and describe the pieces of equipment needed to conduct these tests (where to buy it etc.)?

Electro 2

Would you be able to expand on your comment and describe the pieces of equipment needed to conduct these tests (where to buy it etc.)?

I use an Ace R/C "Datamaster", no longer made but it either generates a pulse stream of a specfic width (with a digital display of such), or reads an individual channel from a receiver to see what is being delivered by the radio on that channel. Today, I see numerous "servo drivers" which replicate the first function. They generally have hash marks on the knob for specfic pulse widths, with no display. Hobby King has them, as do many others. This, plugged into the ESC with a BEC for power, would permit a run-up to see if there is an issue with the ESC or motor connections. If not, it pretty well has to be an FC related issue, assuming the radio isn't "faking" these odd yaw bumps with loss of, or weakening signal, or something of that nature.

I use an Ace R/C "Datamaster", no longer made but it either generates a pulse stream of a specfic width (with a digital display of such), or reads an individual channel from a receiver to see what is being delivered by the radio on that channel. Today, I see numerous "servo drivers" which replicate the first function. They generally have hash marks on the knob for specfic pulse widths, with no display. Hobby King has them, as do many others. This, plugged into the ESC with a BEC for power, would permit a run-up to see if there is an issue with the ESC or motor connections. If not, it pretty well has to be an FC related issue, assuming the radio isn't "faking" these odd yaw bumps with loss of, or weakening signal, or something of that nature.

Thank you very much for responding.......soon to buy a quad kit and need to prepare. If you don't mind advising further do any of these fit the bill:

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/RC_PRODUCT_SEARCH.asp?strSearch=servo+tester

Electro 2

Attachments

• Datamaster_705.JPG
    Datamaster_705.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 416

Well, there you have it. I'll order one and be better for it.
Thank you for helping me out. .....would you recommend any other really useful MR forums?