Zero UAV Which "inexpensive" Android Tab will work with YS-X6 GCS ??

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Hey guys, I was assigned a review of the ZeroUAV YS-X6 150 waypoint system for one of the websites I work for.
I have been setting this thing up on my rig for a week or so and I'm now getting into starting to program it and such.

I have an iphone and and ipad, but I have NO interest in jail breaking them for a review.
I figured this out after trying for a long time to get the software to work.. ARRGGH.

SO now I'm at the point of having to purchase an android tab because the PC version of the GCS seems to suck.

Anyone have a tip on a inexpensive Android tab that will work.

PS: although the YS-X6 system seems nice, anyone else think this thing is a PIA to set up??
It look slike a minor in computer programming and network security is need to get this thing up and running!

Personal note.......Man, give me my Hoverfly Pro boards... the set up on those is easy and makes senses!!
:D

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
can't help you here Sleepy. check your local craigslist ads for a used one maybe?

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Reason I ask is that after reading the threads, it seems like some of the cheaper ones will not work. I'd hate to buy a used tab only to find out it can't run the software!
ERRR... this review may get sent back.... and SOON.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Great options, but does anyone know what makes a android tab compatible with the current GCS?
I have read where guys have bought a tab only to find out it is not compatible!

mongo

lost soul
just make sure that the tab does not have to get apps from an approved site, or ya wind up having to rootkit and reflash with jailbroke op sys in order to load the gcs ap.
learned this the hard way when i tried to load the gcs onto an old aria i had around here. thank you CYANOGEN for the op sys.

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Hey guys, I was assigned a review of the ZeroUAV YS-X6 150 waypoint system for one of the websites I work for.
I have been setting this thing up on my rig for a week or so and I'm now getting into starting to program it and such.

I have an iphone and and ipad, but I have NO interest in jail breaking them for a review.
I figured this out after trying for a long time to get the software to work.. ARRGGH.

SO now I'm at the point of having to purchase an android tab because the PC version of the GCS seems to suck.

Anyone have a tip on a inexpensive Android tab that will work.

PS: although the YS-X6 system seems nice, anyone else think this thing is a PIA to set up??
It look slike a minor in computer programming and network security is need to get this thing up and running!

Personal note.......Man, give me my Hoverfly Pro boards... the set up on those is easy and makes senses!!
:D

I have no idea but I can tell you that the Android 7.0" Samsung Galaxy SII is only $179 at Best Buy and since it's name brand and is not a chopped down version it'll likely work. You should be able to contact the manufacture for a list of recommended devices I'd think.