American Pickers Prototype T6

workshop

This was proof of concept and prototype I designed for the American Pickers television show. Video from this T6 multicopter can be seen Mondays on the History Channel.

For sale is a COMPLETE bind and fly system including batteries and a custom, direct drive roll/tilt gimbal designed and built especially for this copter using ServoCity parts and the fastest HiTec servos available. The T6 is completely setup and can be bound to the EzUHF transmitter or you can replace the 8 channel receiver with one of your choosing. The custom T6 frame uses standard Rusty’s pinch blocks and hole spacing for 5/8” (16mm) booms so replacement parts are easy to obtain. The FPV system includes a cable for the GoPro 2. Switching to a GoPro 3 requires a standard housing and video cable.

The T6 can lift a 4 pound camera gimbal combo should one decide for a AV130 or AV200 and suitable camera. The oversized ESCs stay cool as do the motors. Run time is 15 minutes with time to come home and land. You get everything shown in the photos except the GoPro camera, boxed and ready to ship for $2,800.

The first video test flight can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=89jNFywE-rA

Airframe: Custom Carbon Fiber T6
FCB: HoverFly Pro/GPS
RX: EzUHF 8 Channel
Video TX: Lawmate 2.4GHz 500mW
Video RX: Lawmate 8ch.
Video Antenna: IBCrazy Cloverleaf CP
Roll&Tilt: Hitec Digital HS-7940TH
Motors: Avroto 2814
ESCs: Maytech 45A Opto
Props: 11x4.7” APC
Batteries: Two 5,000mAh, 4 Cell

Required to fly: HD Camera - GoPro 2 or 3, RC Transmitter

PM me or email at jparisse at me dot com... Thanks

Attachments

• T6 Top.jpg
    T6 Top.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 216
  • T6 Rear.jpg
    T6 Rear.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 383
  • T6 Full View.jpg
    T6 Full View.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 388
  • T6 Front.jpg
    T6 Front.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 312
  • T6 Camera Detail.jpg
    T6 Camera Detail.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 260
  • T6 Bottom Detail.jpg
    T6 Bottom Detail.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 325
Last edited by a moderator:

workshop

Saint Patrick's Day Sale !!!

I will throw in a SECOND FRAME set free to anyone that purchases this copter before midnight Sunday (11:59pm PST, March 17th, 2013). That is a $450 offer!

Jeff

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
isn't the video antenna completely ineffective the way it's positioned facing up on top of the frame? just wondering as I use the same antenna on my builds.

workshop

I am one of the original co-developers of the BluBeam antennae. IBcrazy and Micron did the prototyping and computer plots and I created the manufacturing process and jigs and got Nick Ritter into building them.

The antenna is omni-directional with null points at the top and bottom as one might expect. Although the bottom of the chassis is a more optimum placement for this type of antenna, I do not see any degradation of signal up to 1/4 mile, my farthest data point.

The CF chassis is more than a wavelength away and probably serves as a ground plane which isn't much harm if not good. The CP nature of the transmission seems to penetrate (around) the chassis without problem.

Empirically, I do not see a problem with this placement although I may use other placements in future copters. :)

Jeff

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
thanks for the explanation Jeff. there was a post somewhere about the Tx ant. needing to be above the Rx but I've never lost signal when mine were the other way around which is consistent with what you're saying.

CHeers.
Bart

workshop

Thinking about the T6?

I can switch out the EzUHF receiver for an AR800 and/or, I can swap put the 500mW 2.4GHz video transmitter for a 400mW 1.3GHz video transmitter to make the T6 more comparable with your existing gear at no additional charge.

Watch American Pickers TONIGHT on the History Channel to see shots from this copter after we powered and calibrated the gimbal (the link above is a test flight before the gimbal was tuned).

Jeff