My first quadcopter

peterorpete

Hi I'm about to buy my first quadcopter and have decided that the dji 450 is for me. I wanted to keep the whole setup around the £500 mark. So for that reason i will forgo the naza gps component until a later date. From reading, most advise that a 8 channel transmitter is best if you intend to use things like gimbals and gps in future.

Any way I found this deal:
http://www.swiftrc.co.uk/dji-innovations-flame-wheel-f450-quadcopter-combo-packages-262-c.asp
which seems surprisingly cheaper than anything i have found, could anyone in the know let me know if this is a good deal and why it is cheaper than the others?

Also i found this from http://quadcopters.co.uk/ who wrote:

With the DX8 you can add telemetery modules simply by plug and play and have voltage , temperature, height and much more. Also with the spektrum there is onboard alarms that can be set up and with the ergonomic design and slick backlight system makes this a clear winner in the radio field , also is compatible with the older dsm receivers .
This unfortunately is not possible with the Futaba T8J with R2008SB receivers. If you would prefer to have a RTF with a Fubata radio we can of course do this but we do recommend the Spektrum.

Do you think the fubata radio T8J is not suitable to work with the dii 450? And should i instead invest in the spektrum instead.

Thanks for your help
Pete

Last edited by a moderator:

VINHEX

Geoff at Quadcopters is great.. If you are thinking of a gimbal at a later date you will need to consider weight as well if not already. Only advising though.

Highfive

Pete,
I am doing the same thing but building a f550 and I am in the same boat with the tx/rx choice. I have found the T8J is cheaper but I want to make sure I am buying one that I can use with a camera gimbal in the future. I would also like to hear what the experienced pilots would choose.

VINHEX

I started with the F550 with a wkm and loved it! Great frame but I loaded it to the max with gimbal fpv and camera pushed her up too 3.1 kg and become a little to heavy. Flew like a bubble bee lol the hobby bits you and you just want to keep adding all the time.. I flew this with a DX8 and had no issues and the support on here was second to none you learn loads I got to a level were it was a choice to upgrade motors props.. But then thought why mod the frame? To do what you what I wanted to do. So upgraded the frame motors and props. The f550 and 450 are great kits and people mod and get great enjoyment out of them I did. My advise is fly with the f550 or 450 and enjoy it when you start loading up think of the components you want to take with you when you purchase make sure you can move them across to your new platform should you wish too. People do some fantastic modes on here with both frames and they fly well. Enjoy plearn and expect to spend loads lol wish you all the best in you builds and most of all have fun!