Hoverfly Mag Hold ?

BOEING747

Can someone please explain exactly why there is a 'mag hold' tick box in the Pro Info tab in Setup client, and what it does if ticked? Surely if a function needs a magnetic reference it will invoke it through the firmware ?

yeehaanow

Because of Me. :)

It enables/ disables the GPS board to utilize the mag compass for yaw. With it off, it will only use the gyros in the pro board. I've had problems where large iron bridges and possibly my power harness disrupt the compass and cause the copter to suddenly yaw.

I would like to know if having it off will turn off any GPS functions. I'm about ready to test it. Probably tomorrow.

BOEING747

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Al, could you please write a short info sheet in Zendesk showing what functions ALT HOLD is used in and also when SETUP CLIENT will show the output from ext magnetometer, it would be nice to know that it has calibrated properly.
Thanks for all the work on the new firmware, AH and PH are incredible, not tested RTH yet - weather awful !!

Photronix

Pilot
I am working on a new version of the manual incorporating a bunch of suggestions from our users.

Altitude Hold is only on when you engage it with the switch.

The GPS Info tab in the Setup client will show the internal magnetometer but not the external magnetometer readings. We are updating this. It does show if the calibration has been completed for either.