Battery Configs - f550

gencode

I have several battery configs, tried 3S/4S/Single Big battery and parallel batteries.
right now I have a single 3S 5000mah
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__10097__Turnigy_5000mAh_3S_35C_Lipo_Pack.html

At first I got 5-6 minutes but now about 3.5 min after about 20 flights, is this normal?
This seems so short of time, I am running a EZOSD/2 Axis Gimbal/Fatshark FPV/GoPro but I never have had more than 5 minutes max on any battery config. Is this normal with all the stuff I have? If anyone has a config or battery suggestions that may bring me 15 minutes of flight I would love to hear suggestions.

olof

Osprey
I run a 6400 3S on my 550 with gimbal NEX5n and FPV cam, 10" Gaupner E-props it is pretty heavy pretty much at the max limit.

I get about 6 minutes with 20% left on Lipo. If you fly out of spec you are experimenting.

As batteries get used and possible abused the capacity goes down.

Now if you go with a heavy lift kit from AerialMediaProz you may be able to increase flight time quite a bit, but that is with different motors and props as well as arm extensions.

I would not trade more weight for bigger lipo than the 6400 on my standard 550. It is heavy enough.

View attachment 10038

Attachments

• 550.jpg
    550.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 219
Last edited by a moderator:

gencode

Well it seems 6 minutes is the average time then, guess I wont see 15 min ever with the f550+extras

So what brand liop 6400 3S is that? Also what C rating
Your setup looks great, I have a GAUI Crane 2 Gimbal, wondering what camera and gimblal that is?

Do you power the LED strips seperately?

olof

Osprey
Well it seems 6 minutes is the average time then, guess I wont see 15 min ever with the f550+extras

So what brand liop 6400 3S is that? Also what C rating
Your setup looks great, I have a GAUI Crane 2 Gimbal, wondering what camera and gimblal that is?

Do you power the LED strips seperately?

My 6400 are ONYX 25c 71WH LiPo Duratrax.

Gimbal is a MKTR Pro, it is OK but not great. (I also have a S800 with Zenmuse and it spoils you). I plan on replacing this Gimbal with the new Zenmuse for GoPro as this is my secondary Video rig, or maybe one of the new brushless motor gimbals that are copies of the Zen. Camera is a NEX5N.

The LEDs are just direct of the board 3S is the perfect power source.

Here is some video from that rig (I have posted this before):

Last edited by a moderator: