Come on now DJI.

Word can not explain how upset i am with DJI as company right now. Their products are unstable as i have lost two s800's in a few days due to system failure as it was flying on waypoints. I have grounded my fleet and will not sell a single unit until they have sorted their **** out. The firm ware is buggy and the fact that they are using their clients and dealers as beta tester is not on. I cant even get proper warranty info from them and as a dealer that is completely unacceptable. I have no faith in the product and i will not and can not afford to be embarrassed like that in front of clients again. They keep pushing us for more orders but we wont place any until they can guarantee a stable flight system as was promised from the start.

I cant fly anything with fear that it might not get back to ground in one piece. How do they expect us to sell a product that does not do what it is supposed to do.

i am thinking of changing the FC to something more stable.

Nothing from DJI

FerdinandK

I am sorry to read about your crashes. I agree, that for the moment there is something wrong withing the DJI-Systems, something new (a new error) has entered the arena, and DJI will have to sort this out, or they will get sorted out. I have to write, that I have three WKM units (one with multi-waypoint) up and running perfectly, but they are all "old" WKMs, all on FW 5.08, GS on 4.06, I am happy with the features I have, so I possible will never update. I have also to admit, that I would not buy a new WKM for the moment (I would trying to get an "old" one instead).

What concerns the S800, I am impressed, by people using the S800. I got mine in springtime last year, and after two days it was clear to me, that I cannot continue on this platform (temperature, vibrations, arms, weight, ...). If you are using multicopter as a professional, or if you have flown multicopter before as hobby, I cannot imagine to come to another conclusion. Really keen to see what happens if it is getting hot in summertime on western hemisphere and all the 7kg+ birds flying around with motor temps close to 90°, but only the future can tell us.

What I want to say is, "You are the pilot, you are responsible". If you crash once with unknown cause, you cannot crash twice, since you have to stay grounded until you figure out the cause. If you find something is not reliable for you, you have to change it (and not wait that a company does that for you).

Let me add, that at the moment I pulled the trigger to buy a WKM or a S800 or a Zen, I was aware of the fact, that there will be most likely no warranty.

best regards

Ferdinand

Last edited by a moderator:

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I feel for you, $1200 for a WKM is a lot of money, especially when there is other options out there at a fraction of the cost. Hope you get this resolved, but we all know the Chinese Grab and Run most times.

Wowo thanks for that ferdinand.

The s800 on 5.16 seems fine although the waypoint flight seem a bit daunting at the moment for me.
We just went through summer in south africa and the temps were not really an issue for me. DJI said this morning the have a 2 year guarantee on all their products but whether they will honor that is another story. I will see what i can do and finding the problem.

I am sorry to read about your crashes. I agree, that for the moment there is something wrong withing the DJI-Systems, something new (a new error) has entered the arena, and DJI will have to sort this out, or they will get sorted out. I have to write, that I have three WKM units (one with multi-waypoint) up and running perfectly, but they are all "old" WKMs, all on FW 5.08, GS on 4.06, I am happy with the features I have, so I possible will never update. I have also to admit, that I would not buy a new WKM for the moment (I would trying to get an "old" one instead).

What concerns the S800, I am impressed, by people using the S800. I got mine in springtime last year, and after two days it was clear to me, that I cannot continue on this platform (temperature, vibrations, arms, weight, ...). If you are using multicopter as a professional, or if you have flown multicopter before as hobby, I cannot imagine to come to another conclusion. Really keen to see what happens if it is getting hot in summertime on western hemisphere and all the 7kg+ birds flying around with motor temps close to 90°, but only the future can tell us.

What I want to say is, "You are the pilot, you are responsible". If you crash once with unknown cause, you cannot crash twice, since you have to stay grounded until you figure out the cause. If you find something is not reliable for you, you have to change it (and not wait that a company does that for you).

Let me add, that at the moment I pulled the trigger to buy a WKM or a S800 or a Zen, I was aware of the fact, that there will be most likely no warranty.

best regards

Ferdinand

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
They seem to have no problem posting their new products on here. Where are they after you spent your money and crash? Dji has some nest stuff. But you might give Hoverfly a shot.

3dheliguy

There is a different system for each class of multi u just have to ask yourself withc one fits u best, and what your needs are. I have been learning this for awhile, and ooo is it an expensive one.

I feel for ya but I think it's just how the industry is at this point. Good luck and happy flying.

DennyR

I don't normally have too many complaints about DJI but I was highly pissed off when the HDMI converter on my Zenmuse croaked in the middle of a big pro shoot yesterday. I contacted DJI Europe to find out where to send the unit for service and they said Only got the keys to the office last week. So I guess I have to send it back to China for a months Holiday again. Last time that happened I got the run around for 7 weeks.

Tahoe Ed

Wowo thanks for that ferdinand.

The s800 on 5.16 seems fine although the waypoint flight seem a bit daunting at the moment for me.
We just went through summer in south africa and the temps were not really an issue for me. DJI said this morning the have a 2 year guarantee on all their products but whether they will honor that is another story. I will see what i can do and finding the problem.

DJI has always been a fair company with me and the fact that they stated that they have a 2 year guarantee on all their products is evident of that. I hope that they are able to solve the problems that you are having. I have found that the flight data recorded on the iOSD can be very helpful in diagnosing different flight behaviors. There is a lot of data there. It also helps if you ever have a claim.

I have gotten fed up with DJI myself. Their lack of customer support killed it for me. I got tired of hearing 'Go away, ask your dealer'. Even when the questions I had were clearly beyond the pervue of a dealer, all I received was 'Go away, ask your dealer'. Especially annoying when your dealer doesn't bother to answer emails unless they imply impending sales.

One could say that 'it's just the asian way of doing business'...and one might be right. Still, after spending well over $1000 with a company I would hope they could at least find the time to answer a few questions without being snotty.

Either way.....such treatment is costing them money. I know that *I* just purchased a Hoverfly Pro and GPS board rather than give DJI any more money. Have plans for buying another within the next six weeks. If they've run me off and I'm writing about it....you can bet there are a number of others who don't bother to write about it but have gone elsewhere never to return.

....sT

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
If they have a 2 year guarantee(which implies a lot better coverage usually than warranty) then why has no one on here got their money back or a replacement for their damaged helicopters resulting from poor firmware? Or maybe people have and i missed it. I wouldn't be surprised though if they have a loop hole like MK. You put it together you lose guarantee. I sure have heard of an awful lot of Wookongs going down.

Dewster

I have the "old WKM". It survived a very bad crash after a cheaply built expensive prop broke. I tested it on a F450 before putting it on my Y6. I haven't had any problems from all of the upgrades. I'm really cautious now about updates after the Flip of Death issue, even though that was a result of a bad GPS/Compass.

My last crash scared the $&@7 out of me. It also gave me a lot of respect for these things. I would be upset too if I invested time and money in a product that didn't produce the results I expected. So far I'm happy with my WKM.