Lipo battery

paktazh

I got a silly question if you use 2 of the 3s lipo battery in the same time for your wookkong do u enter it in wookong software as 6s or 3s?

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Depends how you wire them- in series then it would be entered as 6s, in parallel then as 3s. That is in series, the black from the WK goes to the black of battery one, the red from battery one goes to the black of battery two and the red from battery two goes to the red of the WKM. In parallel the black from the WK goes to the black of both batteries and the red from the WK goes to the red of both batteries. I hope that helps and isn't teaching you to suck eggs.

paktazh

in mine I made a cable splitter and from both black of the batteries go to black of wook and from both red of the bsttery goes to red of WOOKONG M

Last edited by a moderator:

sounds like you have it parallel? if you are, then you are still on 3s. I would verify it by putting a V meter on DC, one end on the black and one on the red.. if it reads around 11.1 V DC then you are still on 3S, if it reads somewhere around 22.2, then you are on 6S.

RotorJockey

For what it is worth ... Rule of Thumb: Paralell [2 reds & 2 blacks] - Double current, same voltage out ... Series [black1 to load (-ve) - red1 to black2 - red2 to load (+ve) - Double voltage, same current out.
There is somewhat of a danger in running two batteries in paralell. If their capacities are not closely ballanced, they tend to discharge into one-another, setting up a voltage chase. This causes battery heat and a lowered capacity battery-set for no apparent reason. Batteries in this mode should each be fitted with Schottkey (for lower voltage loss) diodes of the relevant load current rating (Amps draw) to prevent this phenomenon. It doesn't always happen, but the risk is there!

Last edited by a moderator:

paktazh

Since mine is set as parallel and using two 3s 5000Mah then what would be the voltage monitor setting for WKNm
Thanks