R7008SB S-Bus with NAZA?

mneedes

SBUS 14-channel mode

For the sake of completeness the SBUS 14-channel mode fires off the following sequence on its "stop byte":

This was implemented for packet sequencing and mode identification ?

So evidently from this and the PDF if one masks off the center 4-bits in their firmware they can get compatibility will all SBUS protocols ?

M

Nicodema

I've seen people reporting the 7003 working fine over SBus on the Naza, so I suspect it's not an issue in this case. I guess the bus termination at the Naza end is compatible luckily.

Tahoe Ed

v3.16 of the firmware is now available. It now supports SBus II. This should solve the problem. I don't have a R7008SB to test. Who is up for the task?

• Parameter configuration by NM Assistant is supported. (BTU module is required. Download the App software from iOSApp store or scan the QR code to get the download link.)
  • iOSD mini supported.
  • S-busII receiver supported.
  • Optimize the warming up condition,to avoid a long wait period before aircraft can takeoff.

v3.16 of the firmware is now available. It now supports SBus II. This should solve the problem. I don't have a R7008SB to test. Who is up for the task?

• Parameter configuration by NM Assistant is supported. (BTU module is required. Download the App software from iOSApp store or scan the QR code to get the download link.)
  • iOSD mini supported.
  • Optimize the warming up condition,to avoid a long wait period before aircraft can takeoff.

Just noticed that, very good :)

One question... if I wish to use Futaba GPS unit as well as the Naza for S-BUS, can that be done? I guess I could get a Y-lead.

I wonder if this update allows you to use the R7008SB in mode 2, meaning you could up you use the S-BUS 1 port for the Naza, and the S-BUS 2 port for the telemetry. Because if I recall even if you put the R7008SB in mode B, it wouldn't work. I wonder if it it does in 3.16?

ChrisViperM

• iOSD mini supported.

DJI is a bit misleading with that announcement........

What they mean is that the new NAZA FW should be compatible with S-Bus II receivers which run on the FASSTest protocoll, and there are only two FASSTest / S-BUS 2 receivers on the market yet:

7003SB : http://www.robbe.de/empf-r7003sb-2-4-ghz-fasstest.html
7008SB : http://www.robbe.de/empfaenger-r7008sb-fasstestr.html

That does not mean that you can hook the NAZA to S-BUS II port....S-BUS II is only for Futaba telemetry sensors

The main difference between traditional / FASST S-BUS receivers and the 7003SB + 7008SB / FASSTest receivers is that 7003SB + 7008SB are receivers and transmitters (for the telemety data) at the same time....I guess that might have had influenced / disturbed the data running through the S-BUS I port on FASTTest receivers with the previous NAZA Firmware.....

Chris

DJI is a bit misleading with that announcement........

What they mean is that the new NAZA FW should be compatible with S-Bus II receivers which run on the FASSTest protocoll, and there are only two FASSTest / S-BUS 2 receivers on the market yet:

7003SB : http://www.robbe.de/empf-r7003sb-2-4-ghz-fasstest.html
7008SB : http://www.robbe.de/empfaenger-r7008sb-fasstestr.html

That does not mean that you can hook the NAZA to S-BUS II port....S-BUS II is only for Futaba telemetry sensors

The main difference between traditional / FASST S-BUS receivers and the 7003SB + 7008SB / FASSTest receivers is that 7003SB + 7008SB are receivers and transmitters (for the telemety data) at the same time....I guess that might have had influenced / disturbed the data running through the S-BUS I port on FASTTest receivers with the previous NAZA Firmware.....

Chris

Thanks for that :) So am I right in saying that if I out my R7008SB in mode B (so port 8 acts as an SBUS 1 port) I should be all right in 3.16? Because even if you did that in the lower versions it still wouldn't work.

many thanks :)

pear

there's a guy on RC Groups that has got the 7008 working after installing the latest dji patch 3.16
He also has a blog with some great setup info

Thanks! That is a good reference. I guess I was also referring to the blog mentioned.
Either way, this helps future thread readers followup with the solution. Thanks!

cbpagent72

I tested my r7008sb with a first gen naza after the 3.16 update and everything works.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I have been holding off using my R7008SB on my TBS Disco but now that they have added S-BUS2 support with 3.16 I really have no excuse but might hold back and use it when I get my Disco Pro.

Pete

sorry to rip this one out of the coffin

I'm having a stupidity revealing issue with setting the s-bus B mode on a R7008SB. I'm following all the steps on the video that is pointed to by everyone but still have an issue
My problem is that I can power up depressing the little tab, release it after the red greens, set it to two red blinks and then hold the tab for a little over two seconds, release and get a sold red. Now when I power cycle the rx it still gives four reds indicating D
Do I just ignore that?

Cheers, Charlie

Last edited by a moderator:

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
So anyway I have also been using S-Bus on my 7008 receiver for more than six months now and it has been rock solid.

Fat Corgi

Seems like this seems to be the right place for this question. If I put a R7008SB in mode D, will the SBUS channel output all channels, or just 9-18? I want to have access to more channels and I want my wookong in the sbus slot. I need 3 more channels that I can assign in my 14sg. Any tips folks?