FUTABA - Flying NAZA and WKM with One Transmitter

gtranquilla

RadioActive
If anyone is trying to fly both the NAZA and the WKM, they will find there are just enough differences to create some confusion initially. And confusion while flying is not a good thing!
The LED lighting, colors etc. are similar in some respects then deviate because the WKM offer more colors and therefore more visual cues.
The WKM offers in addition to IOC, the POI function within IOC if you choose to use that.
The WKM also offers an enhanced Failsafe feature (seems redundant to the original at first).

With these factors in mind, it is even more important that the transmitter switch assignments be standardized to the extent that this is possible.
But during attempts to standarize I discovered by accident, on the bench, not in the air, that the Trainer switch was simultaneously activating the IOC function!
Also there were other strange MR occurences discovered when flying in trainer mode such as MR rapid changes in altitude with the NAZA and rapid depletion of the Futaba RC transmitter battery!

Here is how I resolved most issues if anyone is interested. See image below.:apathy:
View attachment 9836

Attachments

• Futaba Config.JPG
    Futaba Config.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 420

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Standarized configuration of Futaba 8FG Super for both NAZA and WKM is now updated as per the image below.
CAUTION: Use at own risk.... author not responsible for incorrect functioning of your MR as a result of using these standardized configurations.

View attachment 9847

Attachments

• RC-config.JPG
    RC-config.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 277

Hi gtranquilla, thanks for going to the trouble to document the above, I use a T10C with almost the same settings.
Regards - bruce

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Did you decide to use both Fail safe systems, i.e., the original + the enhanced fail safe or chose one of the two only?
I would like to simplify that setup to eliminate potential confusion.

Hi gtranquilla, thanks for going to the trouble to document the above, I use a T10C with almost the same settings.
Regards - bruce

dr427

Trying to figure it out!
Thank you!!!!

i was a freaking out a bit about what channels need to go where when my f550 and futaba 8fg arrive this week.