DJI 5.8 Video Link Tx to GH3 cable (AV out)

iseeit

Day or Night...
Does anyone know where I can get a cable to go between my Panasonic GH3 (AV out) to my DJI 5.8 Video Link transmitter?

Jits

The AV out for the gh3 is not a live video feed. It's playback only. The hdmi type c is the live feed.

iseeit

Day or Night...
So should I be looking at getting an hdmi converter to take the camera output to get it into my DJI 5.8 Tx?

Nreim1

Hey did you get your gh3 working with your 5.8 system, I just got a gh3 and i cant get the video feed to work with my mondo stinger and yellow jacket pro rx. I know my hdmi converter works bc it worked with my 7d. any advice?

iseeit

Day or Night...
Hey did you get your gh3 working with your 5.8 system, I just got a gh3 and i cant get the video feed to work with my mondo stinger and yellow jacket pro rx. I know my hdmi converter works bc it worked with my 7d. any advice?

Yes I did. With the DJI 5.8 Tx downlink it was pretty straight forward. I don't remember having to do anything with the camera except to connect an HDMI cable to the HDMI converter, which was then connected to the DJI 5.8 Tx. I'm still trying to work out some noise when the machine is at a certain distance but otherwise works fine. If the 7d works, thru your mondo stinger, then there must be something in the GH3 setup.

vispaaja

I'm using this converter with GH3:

http://www.kopterworx.com/Osd-/-fpv-/-hdmi/HDMI-to-AV-converter-mini?keyword=hdmi

Yes, it's pricey.. But, it works without external power, just connect the camera and 5.8GHz TX. It comes with a nice quality HDMI cable, but you have to mount the converter to the camera tray of the gimbal, because the stiff wire will otherwise restrict gimbal movement. You can of course buy a thin HDMI cable, then you can mount the converter to some other place.

Last edited by a moderator:

questech

Hey Guys

I know this is an older thread, but I need some guidance if anyone is in here.

I have an AV2 Mini converter to connect my GH3 to my FPV TX and it works just fine.

The problem I have is finding a compatible HDMI to Mini HDMI cable.

I need a 90 connecter on the Mini side so that the cable won't interfere with my gimbal frame, and I need it to be super thin or a ribbon cable so that it won't weigh down or tug at the gimbal.

I purchased one on eBay and found that these aren't all wired the same. The one that I purchased claims to be for FPV, etc, etc but does not work with the GH3 (which uses a standard HDMI configuration).

Upon further investigation I learned that the pin-outs are totally different from the cables that work with the GH3 (again standard cables).

My dilema, how do I know which cables available are going to work?? There is little help in just going by the descriptions, so how do you determine which cable will work without purchasing a dozen or so and hoping to find one that works?

Is there a term or protocol I should use or look for?

Anyway, I would much appreciate any help you could offer :)

Anthony

questech

Thanks for the info!!!

It is a bit pricey compared to other cables out there, but if it works right out of the box there's something to be said.

Have you actually used this with a GH3?

Thanks Again!!

Anthony

scotth

I purchased an ebay one and had issues with it (loose cable in connector) but bought the micro version from Aerial Pixels.. worked well.