DX7s with 7 channel receiver.

hershey

Someday Finally Got Here
Running dx7 with a 7 channel receiver (its failsafe programable)
I have the GPS-Att-Man on 3way flap switch.
IOC on gear 2way switch.

I would like to add Return to Home to my setup. Return to Home but NOT LAND.
Can I just pick an unused toggle, make sure that the gear switch is in the off position and program that unused toggle to the RTH?

Programming still scares the heck out of me but I was successful in re-programing my DX7s to IOC when it suddenly quit working.

I know I will have to initialize the 7th channel to the unused toggle. Any other tips???? My theory sounds way too easy :(

cabojay

yes you can just make sure when you are in your dji program you adjust that switch to failsafe by moving it till its blue.

cabojay

Also in your dji programming make sure you pick the right one, There is rth and land or just rth. And after you are done make sure you write everything after you are done with a program. It is that easy.. Jay

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
Hershey,

If you don't use TH, TH can be set up to to act as an RTH on off switch. My problem is I use TH on all my other heli's, and I know I would hit TH by mistake and end up doing a high speed low altitude crash.

I am recovering from spine surgery and working half throttle.

I have tried Cabojay's method and unless he knows something I don't (decided possibility)! It isn't that easy. I will be looking at setting up switch mixes in the next few days.

if you want me to show you how to do RTH via TH let me know, and I'll write it up

Lee

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
I finally came up with a way to set up a single RTH on/off switch. Multiple set up changes and two program mixes required. IOC is controlled by Aux 2 and gear is used to turn on/off Failsafe.

If you think you want to make these changes let me know, and I'll provide the write up. It should be noted that this setup has not been field tested. All testing has been done on the assistant, but not in a real world situation. It will be a few more weeks before I can take the quad outside and test for real.

Also to be clear, my setup is for a on / off failsafe switch. By definition, the MR will land in failsafe mode unless you turn the switch off and take over control the fo the MR.

Lee

Hershey,

If you don't use TH, TH can be set up to to act as an RTH on off switch. My problem is I use TH on all my other heli's, and I know I would hit TH by mistake and end up doing a high speed low altitude crash.

I am recovering from spine surgery and working half throttle.

I have tried Cabojay's method and unless he knows something I don't (decided possibility)! It isn't that easy. I will be looking at setting up switch mixes in the next few days.

if you want me to show you how to do RTH via TH let me know, and I'll write it up

Lee

Last edited by a moderator: