New lipos 12000 mah 6s

ghaynes

I would call them and ask if they are suitable for Multi-copter usage. They have been very forthcoming. Some of their high C batteries which sound like they would be great for our type of usage they will tell you are not meant for the types of loading that we do to them. Better suited for RC cars, etc.

Zzr

keep us updated. Thanks
I would call them and ask if they are suitable for Multi-copter usage. They have been very forthcoming. Some of their high C batteries which sound like they would be great for our type of usage they will tell you are not meant for the types of loading that we do to them. Better suited for RC cars, etc.

Zzr

Yeah I read this forum. I have one zippy 8000Mah 6s. Its good price and flight time 12 min. just wondered Zippy will have new 10000mah 6s?
Good Question, this topic is being discussed Here. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1677105&page=342#post24115308. Bottom of page 342. In any event these batteries seem super expensive. You should be able to get quality lipos in the 5000 mah range for about 100 bucks a pop. But I'm not starting that debate.

FerdinandK

I love that "true 100C(!) rating",
so you can discharge the pack in 36s with 1200A :D (this is 27kWatt at 6S)

true 5C would be enough

the higher the numbers, the more people buy ...

best regards
Ferdinand

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
remember this was stated a couple times about the maxamps their true C rating is not constant draw but burst ! Digitech ordered several of them and returned them since their 40C true rating 10000 may 4s 5s 6 whatever couldnt deal with a constant drawage over 40A and the V dropped making them unusable for HL setups

Boris

FerdinandK

even a 27kWatt Burst is impressive, isn´t it? (with AWG12(!) :D )
you need a lot of copper for 1200A ...

best regards

Ferdinand

MaxAmps are great. They're also terribly pricey as well.

BUT...if you've got deep deep pockets, it's tough to do better.

....sT

DennyR

I have quite a few Maxamps and unless you want to start 3D aeros with an overweight heli. they are fine. I think from experience Hyperion and Gens ace are at least as good.

Zzr

I have 4 Hyperion 5000Mah 6s but 3 of them bad unbalanced. I purchased it 2 yrs ago. I won't buy lipos from Maxamps cuz too much expensive but C rating is not real.
Does anyone use Neumotors battery? good quality? 52000mAh 6s 35C 738g. If lipos in parallel for total 10400mAh,1478g. It looks like good lighter weight.