Hoverfly GPS Twitches

Aerovideo

I've had a GPS unit since they first came out but until recently have only really used it for the OSD features it offered. On my last FPV flight I threw caution to the wind and decided to test Position Hold as well as Return to home.

Here are the results:

Notice the twitches while the GPS features are enabled and the lack of twitches in manual mode... hmm

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dewster

I've had a GPS unit since they first came out but until recently have only really used it for the OSD features it offered. On my last FPV flight I threw caution to the wind and decided to test Position Hold as well as Return to home.

Here are the results:

Notice the twitches while the GPS features are enabled and the lack of twitches in manual mode... hmm

Thoughts?

RTH used to turn the craft towards home position. I have tested it after the latest update. Interesting...

Last edited by a moderator:

Yours flies better than mine :shame: I have the External Mag modification and I still have horrible performance. I have smooth flight with Manual and AL modes, but as soon as I flip the switch to GPS, I have to pucker and hope for the best. It will twitch, fly off a few feet, correct itself and wobble all over. I should also post some on board video, but I took off the GPS again!

I just noticed yesterday on the RCgroups site that HF has acknowledged there is an issue with GPS flight characteristics and they are working on a fix. This was reported by a user, so not sure how true it is. Sure would be nice to get GPS to be as smooth as regular flight.

HF has been awfully quiet.

Aerovideo

RTH used to turn the craft towards home position. I have tested it after the latest update. Interesting...

So yours turns around to return to home? With 4.6r2? I thought it would turn around as well but it didn't.

Yours flies better than mine :shame: I have the External Mag modification and I still have horrible performance. I have smooth flight with Manual and AL modes, but as soon as I flip the switch to GPS, I have to pucker and hope for the best. It will twitch, fly off a few feet, correct itself and wobble all over. I should also post some on board video, but I took off the GPS again!

I just noticed yesterday on the RCgroups site that HF has acknowledged there is an issue with GPS flight characteristics and they are working on a fix. This was reported by a user, so not sure how true it is. Sure would be nice to get GPS to be as smooth as regular flight.

HF has been awfully quiet.

Interestingly my onboard compass seems to be working really well. But the twitches scared the heck out of me. I haven't submitted a ticket yet as I haven't really done much testing.

Hoverfly does seem to be REALLY quiet lately. Not many posts anymore, here nor at RCGroups.

Thanks guys for your feedback. I was beginning to think I was the only one :)