Wiring my FPV to AV connectors

brandonruiz

Hello All,

I'm looking to connect my TS 832 FPV transmitter to some AV/BNC connectors for my Blackmagic camera setup. I found this little image somewhere showing the basic setup for a Gopro, so I cut an old AV yellow composite connector and wired the yellow wire to the interior yellow wire from the jack, and the black (supposedly ground) wire to the the copper shielding around the yellow wire. It shorted. Do I just need the connect the yellow and not worry about the ground?

boscam-ts832-rc832-big006.jpg

Any help would be hugely appreciated. I'm stuck in eastern turkey on a project without much resources. Thanks!

CdA D

I think your on the right track. You need to connect both the video and ground. Double check that you are not grounding the two together. This should work. If the issue keeps up try getting a connecting cable for the camera. Maybe look at readymade.com and try entering GoPro AV cable. I keep a couple of these around. Good luck.

Give ebay.com a try also.

Last edited by a moderator:

brandonruiz

The grounding was the problem due to the AV cable actually being a combo AV/power cable. Swapped out the cable and wired it up like you said and its working! Much appreciated! Thanks for the love from CDA... Used to live near there for a few years and miss that beautiful city.