MultiGP Announces New FPV Wing Racing Rules

DroneTalk

R/C Expert
Staff member
Opening up the exciting hobby of FPV racing to all the plank pilots out there, MultiGP has introduced the rules for the 2016 season. You may notice only three rules to fly by at the moment, and that was done on purpose, accirding to MultiGP president, Chris Thomas: "you may see holes on these specs where certain airplanes may have an unfair advantage. I encourage you to exploit these as much and as often as you can. We will revise these specs after the first quarter of 2016 based on what feedback we receive from chapters."

So the idea is to test the wing racing format for the year, with MultiGP chapters reporting back on their thoughts, and further refinements being made. I was curious if standard airframes with a fuselage and tail would be allowed to race, as the infographic lends itself to wing racing only. Chris replied to me by saying "[standard aircraft] can compete if it does not have a rudder." That means my VAS Banshee is fair game because it does have a pair of vertical stabilizers, but no rudder. The classes are divided into three size brackets listed in the infographic below.

The rules are as follows:

• Max motor size is 2700kv
  • No rudders
  • No EDF units
http://www.multigp.com/page/FPV-racing-classes