marketing methods for a new company

menor95

Hi all,

Soon I will be launching my aerial photography/videograhy business and was wondering what marketing methods have been most effective for people. Naturally I am building a site and have just had professional content written that included keyword research however naturally I do not have the adwords budget to compete with the biggest players etc.

So far I have created a cold call list that is constantly expanding (about 300 business so far).
I will be listed on directories such as SUAS and drone safe register.

I am led to believe that these two above all the rest will be my best shot of getting business however I would love some guidance based on what has worked for people in the past.

Pascal

You need a website because well, everyone has a website today and it would be weird if you didn't. I don't get a ton of hits on mine though. I have found that cold calling is what worked. Get out there and knock on doors, make sure you have some decent example pics/footage on a tablet so you have something to get their attention. After you get those first few jobs word of mouth will take you far. As far as the high end guys that show up with $30k worth of equipment and are doing TV commercials, documentaries and other work, they are so far out of my league I couldn't say. I'm definitely at the other end of the spectrum (the low end).

menor95

Hey John,

I have a website currently and all the usual stuff however I have not done any SEO optimisation as of yet though. I have created a fairly large cold calling list of potential clients so I am hoping this will get me somewhere. Thanks for the tip as I think a tablet with photos is a really great idea actually when pitching to potential clients.

Pascal

Hey John,

I have a website currently and all the usual stuff however I have not done any SEO optimisation as of yet though. I have created a fairly large cold calling list of potential clients so I am hoping this will get me somewhere. Thanks for the tip as I think a tablet with photos is a really great idea actually when pitching to potential clients.

Pascal

I'm not in the US, but considering starting a filmmaking/aerial video and photography video business as well.
Currently I'm employed full-time so I'm starting slow, on the side, to see where it leads.

Aside from what you are already doing trying to contact people directly, I would suggest investing in Facebook Ads. My wife uses it for her business and the targeting ability and success rate is great and you can also specify a daily/monthly budget to spend. I've found those to be more effective than google adwords.

The other comment is really that, in other businesses that I've had in the past, word-of-mouth/referrals will at some point be the main source of new leads, assuming you're able to have satisfied customers, but you will always have to continue mining for new ones anyway.