Inductrix FPV camera specs?

hookedonflying

Hi all, I'm new to this whole FPV drone scene, so be easy on me. lol As you can see by my profile, I generally fly 3D helis. I bought an Inductrix to fly around the house in the winter, because the simulator can be boring, and it's a long winter in my parts. :(

Anyway, I'm looking to equip my "Tiny Whoop" with a camera now and go FPV. I have purchased some Fatshark Attitude V3 goggles, and still need to get the camera setup. The Blade camera that goes to the Inductrix FPV http://www.horizonhobby.com/fpv-came...-fpv-p-blh8505 looks interesting, because the camera and transmitter are already separated if I want to go low profile with it, plus it has an antenna that can take a beating. The problem I'm having pulling the trigger is that I can't find any specs on that camera like I can on the FX798T and such. I don't want to buy something that I will regret and then want to purchase something else (as seen by the goggles I jumped right into). lol Does anyone have insight that they can please share with me regarding the cameras? I'm thinking 600TVL and 120 FOV is probably what is ideal, right? Also, is 1/3" chip better or worse than 1/4" chip? I'm assuming things will look farther away with the 1/3" chip, or maybe that only has to do with the FOV? Educate me, please. Thanks in advance.

droneadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to DroneVibes. I will defer to one of the experts to answer your question now that it is posted.

Benedikt

I dont know the exact specs, but subjectively, the Inductrix FPV camera is not up to par with many other cameras in the weight range, although is the most expensive one.
I made a comparison video here:

hookedonflying

Awesome! Thanks for the side by side comparison. Perfect. I actually ended up buying a camera that was similar over on banggood in that it has the transmitter and camera already separated. I wanted to try to mount the camera in the front instead of the top if possible. We'll see how it performs. To me it looks like the contrast is boosted on the Inductrix camera. Maybe a little too much. From what I've seen, it looks like the 798 is washed out, but good performance in low light. Maybe they have the gamma set to show detail in the shadows, but it also has the effect of making the image look washed out.

Anyway, Benedikt, your name looks very familiar. I believe we've crossed paths over on helifreak. I also have a bunch of nano CPx's with your motors in them. Personally, I like it better that way than with the brushless.

By the way, the "chasing of the chickens" was entertaining. lol