Dubai World Drone Prix Results

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
This event was spectacular, and while I feel they have some work to do with announcing and bringing it to the internet community who can't be there, it was phenomenal. The total purse of $1mm and first place taking home $250,000 of that is no joke. Check it out

http://www.dronevibes.com/2016/03/13/1mm-world-drone-prix-results/

Screen-Shot-2016-03-13-at-11.39.54-AM.png

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
That's awesome.

You know, it's funny... my 9 year old is almost as fast as me when racing Gran Turismo 6 and Forza, another year or 2 and he'll probably be faster than me around the r/c dirt track, and he's quickly developing his flying skills with heli's and drones so it's just a matter of time before he's flying circles around me. It's not difficult for me to understand how a 15 year old was able to win this event.

It would be pretty sweet to have your son racing with you.

Petr Hejl

Staff Member
I think this will be an inspiration to many kids, kinda brings the "video game experience" into the real world, gets them of the couch, and sue helps with both social and technical skills. Truly a "sport of the future". I'm just waiting for the Drone Battlebot World Championship next:)

maxx4wd

I love that my kids have begun to peak an interest in flying at our home as well...not due to the drone racing but rather seeing me flying and wondering what its like. I strapped the goggles on them and they loved it...my son has already mastered the head in driving and it's only been a week...can't wait for them to blow by my skills so they can teach me a thing or two...

put them on real flight the other day and they were digging it so flight training has officially begun.

Can't wait to see how this sport progresses...I think it'll help kids get out of the house and learn hand-eye coordination in a different way than most of us did...