DroneVibes Drone Giveaway Contest! What drone should we award as the prize?

PacoDroneVibe

I enjoy listening to and learning from Petr and Erick on the Dronevibes Podcast every week. I saw a demo video from Stanford's Autonomous Systems Laboratory where a fencer was testing the collision avoidance of a quadcoptor. Not sure if it was Intel, but please place my vote for a Yuneec Typhoon H Pro, which has state-of-the-art Intel RealSense 3D camera technology that allows the drone to see and avoid obstacles. Thanks!

Ian W

I believe aDJI Inspire would be an amazing giveaway to a very fortunate person! I've always been blown away by the footage from the Inspire!

PauloT

Perhaps give away a drone to a second and third place winner as well. Drones for them could be the DJI Phantom 3 4K which can be hard for $600 while the first place winner get a more expensive drone. Obviously easier said then done since it'll be a bit expensive to give away 3 drones. Still, if the budget was say $3,400 for a single drone (Which can get you an Inspire 1 Pro with the standard X5 camera), decrease it to around $1,149 to $1,600 (Which can get you either a Phantom 4, Typhoon H or Typhoon H Pro) and you'll be able to offer 2 other drones.

Last edited:

Simptonym

Definitely DJI, probably Phantom 4 for the price. I was thinking about Yuneec Typhoon H, because of retractable landing gear, 360 camera movement, 6 rotors, but i have seen many reviews and these shows that these things are not really the thing why to choose H.

Chris Wilson

As much as I would love a DJi P4 I would probably prefer a kit with all the components so that I can build my own platform. Straight out of the box is fantastic and hard to beat any of the major brands but being a newbie to the hobby I am getting much more satisfaction from putting the components together and making them work. Don't get me wrong I would be very happy to show off a brand new DJI P4.

droneadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the suggestions so far. It is interesting to read everyone's favorites and picks. We are reading through all these and welcome any others who have not yet posted what they would like to see as an award. We will get the software tracking pieces in place here to start the contest soon

Luis

DJI inspire or Mavic since it seems to be the new sensation.. or 3 since its a third of the price and you can make 3 people very happy ! :)