tarkboffin

Hi,

System:
Flame wheel F550
Naza-M v2
Naza GPS
Spektrum AR 8000 receiver
Spektrum DX7i transmitter.

The system worked well on my first flight test with one exception. When the transmitter is switched off to simulate loss of signal the F550 does not execute a RTH, but rather goes to F/S throttle and lands. Testing using the Naza assistant shows that the Naza sets to its F/S throttle position, but the mode is unchanged, i.e. if I switch the transmitter off in GPS Atti the mode stays GPS Atti and if I'm in Atti the mode stays in Atti, it does not switch to F/S and initiates the RTH. Binding was done in F/S, of course.

The enhanced F/S is set to go-home and land, I would expect the Naza to initiate this over the F/S set at binding?

Initiating the F/S using the control mode switch works beautifully, therefore the GPS system is set up correctly.

Please advise, I would very much prefer the F550 to RTH if it loses signal, rather than land where it is. Other forum posts have all suggested the above procedure, I have had a look round.

Cheers
Martin

DroneTalk

R/C Expert
Staff member
You need to set Failsafe on the TX to include about 50% throttle, check in the Naza Assistant that when you switch off TX failsafe is engaged with Throttle at mid stick.

tarkboffin

Hi,

The throttle moves to 50%, but the mode does not change. On binding the control mode switch was on failsafe and 50% throttle.

Cheers
Martin