Good anti-vibration camera mount

brunoau

I have finally found anti-vibration mounts which work: they are the Secraft ones. Have a look at the result: I shot this video in the sea breeze which, above 50 metres, disturbed enough my hexacopter to compel me to correct quite often.

Attachments

• Camera mounts.jpg
    Camera mounts.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 302
  • secraftsoftdamper.jpg
    secraftsoftdamper.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 554

violetwolf

A second vote for Secraft. They are cheap and they work.

As an aside, this type of damping is yet another device that Free Fly claim to have "invented"... Been around for decades as Old Man points out. (Sorry for the rant, I just came across another post of theirs making outlandish claims.)

brunoau

I agree! I have also decided to make my own dampeners, to be used to connect the whole platform of my octocopter (in the building process) to the struts holding the motors.
I am adding the photo of my latest developement in anti-vibration mounts. Now the octocopter looks like this (see photo).
I used 2 mm thick nylon sheet, from which I cut by hand (with great difficulty, lol) the disks and the crosses. The O rings are 27 x 17 x 5 mm, hardness 70. I tested each mount with 1 kg in compression and 3 kg in traction: NOT A PROBLEM! The octocopter, with battery, camera and FPV, ready to fly, will weigh 1850 grams

Attachments

• Vibration dampener.jpg
    Vibration dampener.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 276
  • Unfinished  with new mounts.jpg
    Unfinished with new mounts.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 269