FREEFLY Systems Freefly ALTA, RTF collapsible hexacopter

Cassiel

There are days I have buyers remorse. I can't really afford the things I would like so I try to do the best with what I can and take as much advice as possible in making good decisions on parts to buy. My latest build is a Tarot X6 which for all intents and purposes is a S900 clone for half the price but once you look into the thought process DJI puts into the S900 with A2 and Zenmuse for GH4 vs the X6 with whatever choice FC you want and gimbal choices you begin to realize there is something to the RTF product even if you can build your own. As I try to tune the motors, esc's, props, gimbal, weight, etc...a friend of mine unpacks his S900 and just flies. I may have saved some cash but I'm paying for it in tune time which could be even more costly than the initial outlay for the DJI. Unfortunately for me I enjoy the challenge of making almost anything fly from scratch so tomorrow it will be back to the field with a couple batteries and some new 15" Maytech CF props to replace the triple props that are on there now and see if we can't get things a little tighter before leaving for a week of vacation.

I agree with @SleepyC in regard to his P3, wish I could pack up my P2 with GoPro but it just is not a one trunk carry on. I took it up to the Cape with me on an assignment for the paper I work for but found it cumbersome to drag a bag for the tripod and FPV monitor along with a small luggage bag I keep it in along some of the hiking trails, kept me wanting a P3 or Inspire1 for easy of transport and viewing of flight not to mention camera control...

Not sure what I'll do with myself for a week without my rigs but I sure as hell am going to try and find some peace and quiet since I'll have plenty to keep me busy when I get home.

Is that 8k for the Alta minus the MOVI?
A big project. Great.