Running Duel 2200 mah batteries in parallel, does that make it a 4400 mah?

gencode

Off subject, does the EZOSD store the telemetry data for playback on google earth or is using an iOS device the only way to get it?

yes it will. i was tuning my zephyr last trip out, looking at an osd, but was messing with something longer than i thought, next thing i knew it went to 11 volts on 4s packs and augered in... it's not completely fool proof, but as good an idea ans you'll get. Always look over your gauges at certain intervals. one time i caught my voltage low on a bad pack, right when i saw the voltage saggin it was coming in LVC. it'll still happen, it's just harder with paired up packs.

I'd disable that from the naza and take on the responsibility yourself. You'll get that little further back it might take to get off water, or whatever

kloner

Aerial DP
i believe both. Theres a iphone android app and wire or you download the overlays for google earth... it even shows elevation

plug in the usb and open immersion tools. when you select ezosd, isnt there tabs for all that stuff?

DesJardins

Des, Until I get a seperate alarm what about setting the no load voltage to its lowest setting of 13.8, making the loaded voltage 13.1V, this should give me more room to get home, I start coming home at about 14.6 on EzOSD
So far all has been okay, is that resonable time to head home at 14.6, I never fly more than 500m away

Personally I won't give LV control to the Naza anymore, I don't have anything right now except for that LV checker/alarm to check packs before the quad goes up and if I hear that screaming alarm it's come home ASAP.

Here is a pic of my parallel set-up

9890D163-5FDE-4271-AADD-3DE7D81B86A8-469-00000032FABA6C22_zps685eb5f1.jpg

gencode

Cool Des,

Heres what I have now mostly based on this forum, Fatshark Predator FPV, GAUI Gimbal Crane II, Graupuer Blades, Immersion EzOSD, DX8 including Telemetry, 2x 4S 2200 mah

Click to see
View attachment 6536

Attachments

• FlameWheel.jpg
    FlameWheel.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 197
Last edited by a moderator:

gencode

Heres a clip I made this weekend, btw, my EzOSD is now reading 60v, i fluctuates a lot :(

Personally I won't give LV control to the Naza anymore, I don't have anything right now except for that LV checker/alarm to check packs before the quad goes up and if I hear that screaming alarm it's come home ASAP.

Here is a pic of my parallel set-up

DesJardins

Very nice, I figured out that on this F450 running 2 2250 mAh lipos in parallel with FPV gear the 10" Graupners barely create enough lift!

if I want to run the parallel packs to get the longer flight times I will need to buy Avrotos motors and the motor extension plates in order to toss on a larger prop for lift.

Decisions! Ahhhhh

Regardless I'm waiting to test the T-motors that are a direct bolt on

kloner

Aerial DP
gen, you have to calibrate the current sensor in immersion tools

add some expo to your rudder, your pan is just a tad too fast for the gp to take in, other than that it looks really good. I'm still working on getting that right oo, it's hard..... glitch, glitch, but if you move slow enough, smooth and clear pans

gencode

Kloner, thanks Ill look again but I did not see a way to calibrate the voltage meter, only set the parameters.
"add some expo to your rudder", not sure what expo is?

kloner

Aerial DP
that's right.... theres a special version of tools that has it... might search here for the problem and solution
nevermind, heres your problem
http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?2544-***NOTICE***-EzOSD-current-sensor-issue

that sucks

on the expo, it is a menu on your radios menu, d/r and expo usually. on spektrum you want + expo on the rud channel. it'll make it so you gotta move the stick more, but a small move of the stick makes it pan super slow. slow enough for a gopro do deal with it

gencode

Thanks, but this did not work, no pins showing through, pulled back anyhow and mine is paper not foil (I assume they changed it), went ahead and added the wire anyhow for fun and its still showing 42 volts :(

that's right.... theres a special version of tools that has it... might search here for the problem and solution
nevermind, heres your problem
http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?2544-***NOTICE***-EzOSD-current-sensor-issue

that sucks

on the expo, it is a menu on your radios menu, d/r and expo usually. on spektrum you want + expo on the rud channel. it'll make it so you gotta move the stick more, but a small move of the stick makes it pan super slow. slow enough for a gopro do deal with it

kloner

Aerial DP
we just had a guy here last week with the same thing, i think he posted the link to a set of tools he downloaded for retailers or something and it had the calibration tool.

if all else fails, post about it in that forum,,,, explain everything you did

kloner

Aerial DP
were good, oops, that's the eagle tree one,,,,,, mine have just wired in but theres alot of components

kloner

Aerial DP
you just don't use the servo wires in/out part, but that's an airplane autopilot like naza for a plane.... return to home, that kinda stuff

gencode

Kloner,

The guy at readymaderc said
"The Eagle Tree OSD is a nice OSD but much steeper learning curve than the EzOSD and would take more time to get going from my experience."

Do you think that would be my case since I am using the NAZA RTH and wont need to set all that up.
Also do you know if I will get the artificial horizon with this one since I dont have the flaps etc connected to it?

Thanks, Ed,

kloner

Aerial DP
that was kinda why i sent you on the ez but look what happened. For what it's worth, I had yuri get an ezosd and other than not understanding how to wire it, his current sensor worked perfect out of the box so i don't think what happened to you is the norm.

I do think ET is harder to setup but it is very well documented and even better support. it would only have the AH line if you purchase the guardian part for it,,, not the full version, the one for osd pro. honestly the only one i've used is ET. but all my friends have ez and love em. with not using the ET to fly your model like a plane install is pretty straight forward