DJI NAZA M unit and Sbus Futaba 18MZ setup

Magoebaskloof

Hi there, would like to know who has done any Naza M setups with 18MZ and Sbus? I can access the unit via the PC software and setup most of the basic connections. Having trouble with channel assignment, what mode to use heli or airplane? Camera tilt function which channel? Any help where to start or what recommendations? Sorry basically new to quads and the electronics.

Hi Magoebaskloof

I'm relatively new & found it difficult to set up my 18MZ as there are very few videos that show this particular Tx.

Firstly the NAZA M setup is best shown on the DJI website where they show these hardware connections in detail. I'm not sure if S Bus works with the V2, much discussion going on about this. I have connected each Rx channel to the NAZA as per DJI video. Set the Tx model type to airplane & you can set your own Quad name in "Model Select". I've selected FASSTEst 12CH setting in System Type. In Function menu _ CH 1 -Aileron - J1/ Ch 2- Elevator J2/ Ch 3 -Throttle J3/ Ch 4 - Rudder J4/ CH 5 DJI Mode (Set to SE switch) / CH 6 Gains (Set to LD knob) / CH 7 - IOC (Set to Switch C). Not sure about Gimbal/camera _ someone else can chime in here.

As far as set up of channels on the Futaba this is where I really struggled for help until I watched the DesJardin videos which show how to set up Failsafe & switch mixing on a different Futaba model but I worked out the 18MZ equivalents. REFER to attached list of videos I have found of use.

I'm an absolute newbie to RC setup but my quad seems to fly quite well so far in all modes even though I don't fully understand the theory of the Tx setups. I guess a lot depends upon the hardware you have for your copter, & in my case I bought mine from MultiWiiCopter.com who have a step by step Noob guide to building their Scarab Armour which is what I have. Let me know if you need more help.:apathy:

View attachment 12351

Attachments

• NAZA videos & useful links.JPG
    NAZA videos & useful links.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 434

Olemil

Hi there, would like to know who has done any Naza M setups with 18MZ and Sbus? I can access the unit via the PC software and setup most of the basic connections. Having trouble with channel assignment, what mode to use heli or airplane? Camera tilt function which channel? Any help where to start or what recommendations? Sorry basically new to quads and the electronics.
I know these videos are on the 8FG but I think a lot of the basics on sbus setup might help you with your 18mz. I would have been lost if I hadn't stumbled on to these setting up the fail safe....etc. Sorry I couldn't help more and good luck with your set up. http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=463586